Friday, April 06, 2007

The Stooges

Okay, this is unrelated to everything I've written, but I went to see the Stooges at the 9:30 Club in DC about an hour ago and it blew my fucking mind. Half of Led Zeppelin is dead, half of the Beatles are dead, but the Stooges are in tact (pretty much). Iggy Pop was born to be a fucking rock star and I don't think I've ever seen anyone live up to anything as much as he did. Prowling the stage like a fucking rockstar predator. Unbelievable. Played pretty much all the best shit (almost all of Funhouse, I Wanna be Your Dog - twice, in fact). The only disappointing thing was that they didn't play a thing from Raw Power. I really, really, really wanted to hear You're Pretty Face is Going to Hell and Search and Destroy. But still, it's like complaining about sex, it never sucks, and this was like a night with, well, whoever the greatest lover ever is. A few quotes:

"Happy to be here. Happy to be fucking anywhere."
"We see you, and we fuckin' know who you are."
"Turn those cheesy lights down, asshole!"
Iggy Pop is a god.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home