Saturday, November 25, 2006

Going out on top



Today will be my last day in Switzerland. Alex and I spent the day traipsing around the city as we have become accustomed to and shopping for souvenirs and things like that. We had lunch at the Sprungli cafe like we did last Saturday and it was excellent. It is just a busy, bustling cafe full of all kinds of people and their food is exquisite. I had gnocchi in cream sauce with prosciutto and Alex had a veal and mushroom pasta dish. Delicious. Anyway, we are having some people over and little Alex is cooking fondue, so that should be fun. Then we are spening the evening at the Polyball at her University. It's scheduled for 7pm to 5am, so I'm not exactly sure when our party is going to stop. Since I need to head to the airport starting about 6:30-7am, it probably won't stop at all. But we are going to get all dressed up and drink our asses off either way.

I am going to be sad that I can no longer watch Pimp My Ride International or nudie commercials after midnight, but I have had my fun here. And I will say although I can remember getting here pretty clearly, the time did not pass too fast. Sadly, there will always be a time to go, but I will certainly be back. Here are some cool pics that I got today and perhaps I'll post once I get back tomorrow. My flight leaves Zurich at 10:15 am and arrives in Newark, NJ about 8 or 9 hours later. Then I will be getting back to our nation's capital around 4 pm. Then I can kick back, pop the top off an American beer and catch the late football games and reflect on my week+ in Switzerland and start plotting to go back. As always, check the old flickr for all the pictures.

An old home near the lake. Very intricate architecture. Good stuff.



The Eden au Lac hotel, one the poshest, nicest hotels in Zurich. Nice place.



Just a view that I saw today, pretty nice right?



Goodbye from Switzerland! Catch you on the other side of the Atlantic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home